Oct 24, 2009

Pecan Sandies

Once again I was paired with Min for Taste and Create for the month of October. Taste and Create is a food blog event started by Nicole of For the Love of Food, in which participants are paired with each other and asked to create a recipe from their partner's blog. I was paired with Min in October 2008 and I made these soft homemade breadsticks.

I had a numerous delicious recipes to try from her blog and wanted to try as many as possible. But since I was out of time, I could make only one of her recipes. I tried out these pecan sandies. And it was an instant hit at my place. I have always loved the pecan sandies from the stores, but I find that these are best homemade, being made more healthier and without preservatives and artificial ingredients. And do go and check out Min's blog for some amazing recipes. I loved her baking section especially. I pretty much follwed her recipe for the pecan sandies, except that I toasted the pecans for a few minutes.


Here is the recipe for the pecan sandies...

Ingredients
Unsalted butter - 1/2 cup
Light brown sugar - 1/2 cup packed
All-Purpose Flour - 1 cup
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Pecans - 1 cup chopped
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon

Directions

Toast the pecans in a pan on medium heat for about 8 to 10 minutes. you could even toast them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 300F.
In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy.
Slowly add in the salt and vanilla. Gradually add in the flour and continue beating until it comes together. Finally fold in the pecans.
The dough might be smooth. Shape the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and flatten them slightly. Place them on a cookie sheet with about 1/2 inch apart. Bake them for about 15 to 17 minutes until golden brown.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.


Enjoy the sandies with a glass of milk or a cuppa tea!

27 comments:

  1. I am sure that would be a delicious bite!!

    Btw, buddy, you have been tagged. Please collect your award dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love pecan sandies! Good choice. Yours look delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delish !! i loved the recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite cookies, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yumm.....they looks soft, light and yummy........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, delish! So perfect for a cup of tea, indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Pecan Sandies look delicious.Nice and easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandies look awesome, am sure must be tasting equally wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me with a cup of tea please, looks so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They must have tasted heavenly..Look so good, Divya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks yummy,should give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice space. Some awards for you is reserved for you in my blog. Take a peek

    ReplyDelete
  13. U make sandies at home, great job. Cookies looks so good. Perfect for tea as u said.....YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like sandies a lot...and good work divya :)u rock

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chefschatter team has found your blog to be very interesting and unique!

    And so we invite you to become one of the authors of our website www.chefschatter.com which is the most exciting place for all innovative chefs out there!

    Here you can not only post your new recipes but can also edit other recipes according to
    your taste

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...